News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: CP HTML character limit???  (Read 2277 times)
« on: September 14, 2007, 17:41:46 »
rguyler *

I have the CP working just fine with a small test redirect page.  I don't use any authentication so all my users have to do is click the button that they accept the terms.  However, when I add all the content to my redirect page (about one full page of text with minor formatting) the redirect always hangs.

I worked through this little by little and the only thing I found that makes any sense is that the page has too much text in it.  If I hack it down to a single small paragraph then it works fine but as soon as I get past that "magic" number it fails.  This problem exists on both IE7 and Firefox.

I'm running 1.3b4.  Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?  It's going to be a real problem for me if I can't get this working.   Huh

Thanks,

RG
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:11:11 »
svanggaard *

This is an MTU problem. Try a lower MTU setting on WAN and Captive portal interface - and please let me know if you find a better solution.

BR
/Søren
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 15:10:49 »
rguyler *

Funny thing is you're right.

I run dozens of VPNs and am very familiar with MTU issues but after several captures and debugs, I initially ruled an MTU issue out.  No packet was over ~1300 bytes in the capture, no fragmentation...nothing.  But sure enough, as soon as I adjusted the TCP MSS on my router it started working.

Just goes to show take nothing for granted...

Thanks,

Rik

Pages: [1]