News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: [Solved] Boot error on WRAP.1E  (Read 1839 times)
« on: September 19, 2007, 22:49:20 »
albert *

Hi,

I have a problem with the installation on a WRAP.1E board. I took the right image (for WRAP) and copied the image with the command
Code:
gunzip -c image.img | dd of=/dev/sdb1 bs=16k
. When I try to boot my board I receive the message "boot error" after the memory test.

In the manual of the board is a hint that freebsd expects to have a keyboard present. The wrap board does not have a keyboard controller. I know that there is a boot patch for wrap boards but I do not know how to apply it.
Moreover, I assume that the embedded image for wrap boards does include the patch.

Does anybody has a solution for this problem?

Thanks, Markus.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 20:39:47 by albert »
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:49:49 »
cmb *****

That's what happens when the card doesn't get written properly. Maybe you're using the wrong drive. If you actually used "image.img", that's probably not the name of the file unless you moved it to that.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:27:47 »
albert *

Thank you for your answer. I did not used the name "image.img" but I used the real image name from the download. That is not the problem.

You said that I am maybe using the wrong drive. I used the /dev/sdb1 which is the first partition of the CF card. I guess the image contains its own partition table and therefore it would be better to use the whole drive /dev/sdb.

What do you think? I will try it this evening.

EDIT: It is the solution to take the whole drive (/dev/sdb) instead of only the first partition (/deb/sdb1). Thank you for your hint with the wrong drive.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 20:39:34 by albert »

Pages: [1]