News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: How to set up Wireless nics?  (Read 2336 times)
« on: October 03, 2007, 17:52:13 »
simon *

How do I set up a wireless card? have tryd with a Netgear 108Mbps WG311T and it doesnt pop up when i log in and check the GUI Sad

Dont work with a D-link card either Sad

So, do i have to do something special?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:12:00 »
markb ****

It depends on what version of mono you are running.  The latest stable is still using FreeBSD 4.11 kernel.  Not much support for wireless NIC's here.  I did get an 11Mbps  card working with this release fine.  You will find more support in the latest beta release as it used a later kernel.  Have a look here for supported hardware.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:23:14 »
simon *

It depends on what version of mono you are running.  The latest stable is still using FreeBSD 4.11 kernel.  Not much support for wireless NIC's here.  I did get an 11Mbps  card working with this release fine.  You will find more support in the latest beta release as it used a later kernel.  Have a look here for supported hardware.

oh, so if i under everything right, I cant get my wireless network to work with my standard netgear or dink cards? Sad
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 00:18:31 »
Tekara *

The new Beta versions have much better support for wireless cards, so I would start there.

Pages: [1]