News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Theme m0n0wall  (Read 10501 times)
« on: October 24, 2007, 14:59:36 »
ncrossley *

Hello I was wondering if it is possible to THEME m0n0wall as I can pfSense. I know completely different systems, but the only reason I am currently sticking with pfSense is the ability to make it look a little more eye catching. Anyone know if this is at all possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:17:56 »
Max2950 ***

Hi,

maybe you could try to modify the gui.css stylesheet. I think you might be able to download it through the hiddenn exec.php page, modify it on your computer and upload it again through the hidden page. I haven't tried this yet, but could work.

To access the hidden exec.php page go to http://[ypur_m0n0_adress]/exec.php

If you manage to pimp your m0n0 gui, let us appreciate your work by posting some screenshots  Wink Grin
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 04:24:33 »
DJEMiVT *

Anything you download edit and upload will not work on m0n0wall. The "hard disk" is extracted from an image file every time the m0n0wall boots. Since this is the case, you cannot edit any files on a running system. If you want to edit the image, you need workon.sh and a running freebsd 5/6 system.

Cheers
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 18:07:34 »
ncrossley *

so how does it save all the settings I change from bootup to bootup?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 19:45:30 »
Max2950 ***

Anything you download edit and upload will not work on m0n0wall. The "hard disk" is extracted from an image file every time the m0n0wall boots. Since this is the case, you cannot edit any files on a running system. If you want to edit the image, you need workon.sh and a running freebsd 5/6 system.

Cheers

Huh I do not think so. When you create your m0n0wall CF card using physdikwrite an entire partition is created onto the CF card (or whatever disk your are using). It's kinda "Image Drive"...... Nothing get's extracted during bootup..... Maybe you are referring to the RAM drive m0n0 is using ?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 21:23:55 »
ncrossley *

Tried editing with workon.sh with 1.3b4 and have only succeeded to break my test setup. now have the following error while booting the m0n0 system.

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0
WARNING: R/W mount of /root/Desktop/mnt2 denied. Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

any ideas?
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:37:27 »
CJan_NH *

NCrossley, this is a topic that I am extremely interested in-thank you very much for bringing it up. I'd love to be able to at least change the background color of the m0n0 GUI. Not for aesthetic reasons, but to be able to know at a glance which instance of m0n0 I'm looking at at any given time (there are three instances of m0n0 running on my office network).

Please sound off if you come up with a workaround. Thank you Smiley
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 13:28:27 »
ncrossley *

i've managed to edit the look and feel, unfortnatly the image appears to be broken as said in my previous post. It seems that it is grabbing the mnt locations it created from workon.sh and incorperating them into the recompiled image.
Looking for workaround as we speak but need some insite as to why it may do this,  hashing through workon now.

::NOTE::
This is inherent in both 1.231 and 1.3b4 using FreeBSD 6.2 base install.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 13:31:22 by ncrossley »
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 16:20:24 »
ncrossley *

i've managed to edit the look and feel, unfortnatly the image appears to be broken as said in my previous post. It seems that it is grabbing the mnt locations it created from workon.sh and incorperating them into the recompiled image.
Looking for workaround as we speak but need some insite as to why it may do this,  hashing through workon now.

::NOTE::
This is inherent in both 1.231 and 1.3b4 using FreeBSD 6.2 base install.

UPDATE: My bad was changing permissions on the img file as well, on my way to editing files, will keep up to date.

Pages: [1]