News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Siproxy, any feedback ?  (Read 4807 times)
« on: November 25, 2007, 14:39:28 »
Max2950 ***

As i woke up this morning i saw the m0n0 RSS feed was updated ! Cheesy
I gave it a test run, and runs flawlessly for now !  Smiley

Siproxy has been added, unfortunately i hav eno clue how to make my linksys PAP VoIP device to work with it. The question is : do i need it since my VoIP services are working ok through nat ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 23:34:53 »
mwiget *

You don't need it when your PAP works fine already. It was added for devices that have trouble working through NAT, e.g. because they have no option to specify a SIP proxy.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 17:41:10 »
Macro *

I updated to beta 5, after the update I didn't receive SIP calls anymore. The NAT and Firewall rules were still there, the proxy was off. After the downgrade to beta 4 everything works fine again.

Regards Macro
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:18:21 »
mwiget *

Marco,

did you turn SIP proxy on then off again while running 1.3b5 or did the SIP problem appear right after the upgrade to 1.3b5? I can't find any reason in the code that would change the behavior for SIP. For troubleshooting purposes, you can run http://<m0n0>/status.php on 1.3b4, then again on 1.3b5 and compare them (specifically the firewall and nat tables). With SIP proxy turned off, there shouldn't be any difference in relation to SIP (UDP port 5060). If there is, please submit it to this thread.

Marcel
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:49:52 »
Max2950 ***

I have a problem, i still need to experiment further but here is the issue i have :

When i make SIP call and the other person does not pick up if i put down my phone my Linksys PAP does not drop the call......... I had Siproxd activated one time and then disabled it. I will try to downgrade to 1.3b4 and see what's going on..........
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:06:34 »
mwiget *

when you activate or disable the SIP proxy functionality, reboot also the Linksys PAP because its unknown how often those devices re-register. I'm curious to know if you run into issues when upgrading to 1.3b5 _without_ ever activating SIP proxy. In theory, there shouldn't be any difference.

Before activating SIP proxy, you will need to remove any STUN/Proxy/outgoing Proxy features of your Linksys PAP device and just leave the basic SIP registrar address and authentication. SIP proxy will transparently hijack and modify SIP messages sent to UDP port 5060. This can be verified under Diagnostics -> SIP proxy. The table shown will list the registration status of the local SIP endpoints.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 15:51:05 »
Max2950 ***

I hard rebooted my Linksys PAP, and after reboot the Lan LED was still blinking as it were receiving some data. It was late in the evenning when i noticed this. i will experiment further this evening....
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 17:48:12 »
Max2950 ***

I just came home and tried some things.
First i activated SIP proxy and changed the UDP port range so that it does not match the one of my VoIP device. I saved changes and then deactivated again the sip proxy after that my VoIP device failed to register with my VoIP provider, even rebooted it failed to register.

Then i rebooted m0n0 and everything seems to work fine for now, the issue where the VoIP device still occurs.... Weird..... If i unplug the VoIP device, and look at my m0n0 and DSL Modem LEDs i can clearly see that m0n0 is sending data to my VoIP provider....

After that i saved my config file, edited the file and killed the whole SIP section. I restored to defaults and uploaded again my cnfig file, but this didn't help ! Sad

Should i try to downgrade to 1.3b4 and then try to upgrade to 1.3b5 and test further ?

Edit : I downgraded to 1.3b4 and it works fine...... Roll Eyes

Edit 2: I Reupgraded to 1.3b5 and tried to reproduce the issue, and it does not occur any more....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 18:00:05 by Max2950 »
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 18:56:10 »
mwiget *

I'm looking into some SIP related issues with 1.3b5 when using the SIP proxy, see http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php/topic,1296.0.html#msg4244

Pages: [1]