News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: m0n0wall on Visara micro pc  (Read 1455 times)
« on: December 12, 2007, 00:43:36 »
astyles *

Greetings,

I have recently aquired a 'Visara' PC with an unknown model type. It used to be a thin-client at O'reilly's auto parts and now I am working on making it my BSD firewall Smiley

So far I have attempted to boot m0n0wall with my USB stick but it cannot mount the USB device ("syncronize write failed"), so I am attempting to write the HDD version of m0n0wall to the main disk.

I currently boot barts boot disk with network support from a USB stick. I get DHCP and then map a drive to my pc where I keep the files listed below that I attempt to write the image with.

I have had no luck finding a program able to write the .img file to the HDD from DOS mode. I have attempted the following:

PhysDiskWrite (needs to run from win32)

FIRM.COM  (Error: Error code posted :-0x80 for drive c: -> Attachment failed to respond Insert Disk in Drive c: Any key to continue...(A) to abort.)

RAWRITE.EXE (Can only write to floppies)

GHOST.EXE (is not a symantec ghost file or is not the correct span segment)

I cannot use a cdrom or floppy on the device because it has no hardware support on the board. I cannot take the hdd out because it is a mini-hdd and I dont have a converter.

Any suggestions? I am thinking a small bootable *nix?

Thanks for reading

-Styles
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:03:15 by astyles »

Pages: [1]