News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Captive Portal with Closed Message  (Read 1505 times)
« on: December 15, 2007, 22:27:11 »
Dovermen *

I have been pursuing a Captive Portal solution that will do the following for a local network with Internet open to customers.  The captive portal prevents Internet access while the business is closed and instead redirects all web page requests to a closed message.  The captive portal prevents Internet access until Terms of Use have been accepted in a web page while the business is open. 

The Captive Portal does prevents Internet access until continuing pass the Terms of Use web page.  The ability to setup the business hours each day of the week to redirect all web page requests to a closed message is needed in this scenario.  This would help encourage customers to stop browser right as the business closes and leave so that staff can close.  This way the wired ports and wireless access points do not need to be manually turned off each day.   There is no need for authentication in this scenario.  The network needs to be open to any customer.

m0n0wall and those based on m0n0wall comes close to doing this.  “time/day of week based firewall rules” is mentioned on the wishlist.  Based on my scenario though I have not had luck finding a solution that does what I needed.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places, using the wrong search terms.  Any help would be appreciated. 

m0n0wall is a nice project, keep up the good work.

Pages: [1]