News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: YOUTUBE VIDEO: DNS Forwarder & Apache Virtual Hosts  (Read 3692 times)
« on: December 17, 2007, 17:55:47 »
phillip1983 **

Hi Guys,

i did another screen cast for using the DNS forwarder in M0n0wall to either over ride a domain to point to your webserver on your local LAN or to create a virtual domain that does not exsist on the internet etc.

again i must appologies that there is no sound, but its a busy house etc.... lol

Enjoy.... Any Questions email or post here......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGBaXIPWk8

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 21:22:08 »
secure.boy *

nice  Grin
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 19:26:14 »
adrianp918

very nice indeed, good job, this is something that would help out alot
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 20:01:23 »
phillip1983 **

hi Thanks

i plan to do some more videos (with sound!) just thought i would start small with my experiances...

if you need any help. post here on the forums...

if you or anyone else needs any videos doing to help them out of a situation i am happy to post more videos ...

email me with details ..
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 00:01:36 »
Manuel Kasper
Administrator

i plan to do some more videos (with sound!) just thought i would start small with my experiances...

It's definitely a good thing - I can imagine lots of people prefer watching a screencast over reading boring (and sometimes outdated ;) documentation. Thank you! Please do continue making your videos (and yes, sound would be very nice, as some things may not be obvious just from watching the pointer whiz around).

If it's OK with you, I'd also like to provide a dedicated area on m0n0.ch for them (hosted either right there or linked to an external site); guess that would make them easier to find.

Also, may I suggest using Wink (http://www.debugmode.com/wink/) to make your tutorials? YouTube's standard video format is quite low resolution/fuzzy; the Flash files that Wink produces may even be smaller while still a lot sharper.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 01:22:10 »
phillip1983 **

Many Thanks Manuel and thanks also for making / putting together m0n0wall i love it!!!

i would love to have the videos posted on the m0n0wall site in an area or some sort and  i will look at the Wink software i currently use Camtasia Studio 4 , but i will give it a go.

also maybe you could suggest some topics for videos on m0n0wall.

Many Thanks and keep up to good work with the m0n0wall project, and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Pages: [1]