News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DHCP Options like 66 etc ....  (Read 2264 times)
« on: December 19, 2007, 18:12:09 »
phillip1983 **

Hi People, a friend uses IPCOP as his firewall, dont know why, but oh well.....

any way i was configuring a couple of things in there and came accross the section that allows you to input your DHCP server options like Option 66 etc which you can only do on m0n0wall is you export the XMl file add the next-server and then reimport.

i have attached a screen shot of what i think M0n0wall should include to enable you to add the options with out messing around .

let me know what you think about this ....

Manuel , if you see this post i would be interested to hear your feed back on this ...

(http://www.phillip-cooper.co.uk/ipcopdhcp-options.jpg)

Sorry about the above image if you right click it and click View Image it will make it bigger...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 23:39:12 »
lukesky740 *

I'm greatly in need of these options as well.

There is no additional system overhead, as it should already be incorporated into the core of the DHCP server already in use in m0n0wall.

One exact case of this need is due to the voip setup here.  The polycom phones use the information given to it from the DHCP server to figure out where and what configuration scripts they need to download.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:41:33 »
ChainSaw

Add me to the list of folks who would like to see more DHCP GUI options; specifically, DNS servers.

CS...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:50:25 by ChainSaw »
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 14:17:30 »
herrstarr *

please !!!!

Pages: [1]