News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: 1.3b8 > 1.3b9 upgrade fails  (Read 2072 times)
« on: January 25, 2008, 18:55:43 »
xyphur *

I've tried about 15 times to upgrade the firmware using different download sources for the .img file, and each time it complains that the file is corrupt.

The CF card in question is 1GB, so I'm 99.9% positive I'm not out of room Tongue

I haven't tried pulling the card out and actually writing the file using dd or physdiskwrite yet, only because I don't want to pull the machine apart if I can help it. It's tucked away nicely...

...anyone have any ideas? the .img file can't possibly be corrupt 15+ times in a row from multiple mirrors...

- Fanless Celeron 366 on μATX mobo, no video
- 128MB PC100, 32MB CF-to-IDE
- 3 x Realtek RTL8139 PCI
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 19:43:07 »
xyphur *

...disregard the above post. Apparently all the machine needed was to be rebooted. After the LAN interface came up, I logged in, enabled firmware upgrade, browsed for the file (same one I tried 4 times earlier today with no success), it accepted it & rebooted, and I confirmed that 1.3b9 is in fact running now. I wonder what the issue was...  Huh

Anyway, thought I'd post what worked for anyone who's being told the .img file they keep trying is "corrupt" - reboot and then upgrade.

- Fanless Celeron 366 on μATX mobo, no video
- 128MB PC100, 32MB CF-to-IDE
- 3 x Realtek RTL8139 PCI

Pages: [1]