News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: cannot connect to ISP  (Read 2351 times)
« on: February 04, 2008, 22:39:13 »
BlackKnight7891 *

We have been running monowall for a while then unfortunately our adsl modem decided enough was enough. after replacing the modem with a dlink 502t, tried to get monowall back on to no avail. i know all the isp settings are correct i just can't get monowall talking through the modem.
so far i have tried
switching modem to "bridged mode"
switching modem to "half bridged mode"
turning of pppoe passthrough and disconnecting internet on the modem then trying to connect monowall
turning pppoe passthrough on with internet connected  and trying to get monowall online.
i dont believe it to be a hardware failure because i was able to use monowall's auto detection to select interfaces.

im new to using monowall it was setup when i got here, i suspect it is the modem but i have run out of buttons to press to make it work, thanks in advance
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:22:13 »
ChainSaw

Time to call your ISP and have them see if they can remotely access your modem.  If not, it is either bad or misconfigured.

CS...
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:10:48 »
BlackKnight7891 *

the internet runs with just the dlink modem running, i want to have monowall connected and talking
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:14:56 »
ChainSaw

the internet runs with just the dlink modem running, i want to have monowall connected and talking

set your modem up for bridged mode and connect it directly to your PC and see if you can get that working first.

P.S. if you would include more details (like the information in your last post) it would make it a lot easier to help you.

CS...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:20:17 by ChainSaw »
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 22:35:37 »
BlackKnight7891 *

everytime i have tried to connect monowall up i have had its wan port connect to my modem ethernet port, and monowalls lan port connect to the switch, modem was set to bridged mode and nothing (i attempted for 5 mins to make a connection).

ok i got word from dlink to do this

change modem to full bridge mode, save and reboot, connect monowall wan to modems lan interface and press connect.

it failed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:05:12 by BlackKnight7891 »

Pages: [1]