News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Captive Portal Intermittently paints images.  (Read 2721 times)
« on: February 22, 2008, 06:42:24 »
mocomputer *

Salutations.

I have a captive portal solution running with a fairly basic authentication page.  I've tested this both on a PC based image as well as a wrap based image on completely different hardware.(PC & wrap board)There are 8 small gif images and one css style sheet(small) that I'm using in the File manager.  The problem is that sometimes some of the images do not paint, they just appear as their "alt" or a red x in IE, the "view source" is fine--the file name is there correctly.  Total memory used is 15KB.  I've tested this with a basic test page with only the images---I got it to fail in both Firefox and IE--although IE seems to affect the problem more for whatever reason.   It does seem to fail more often(2of10) with the full page of HTML/CSS/ including one javascript function(about a page of text along with a very small style sheet)... but I have been able to get it to fail with a basic page with only the pictures and nothing else by repeatedly depressing "refresh". 

Has anyone else had this problem?  I just upgraded from 1.231 to 1.233 thinking that might help but the problem persists.   I very much appreciate any assistance.

Thank you very much.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 22:32:00 »
dNide *

Has there been any information regarding this?  I am having the same issues with the captive portal for Monowall 1.235.

I am also most likely running the same authentication page and images that the original poster  was referring to, it is the eHost auth. page used for Holiday Inn properties.

When the auth pages loads, some of the images load correctly and then at other times other images do not.  It's almost completely random, and annoying.

I was wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue and resolved it.  My only other option is to load the images off site, but we all know how that isn't the best.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:22 »
dNide *

I just solved this issue.  It has to do with the "Maximum concurrent connections" setting and needed to be adjusted to higher defaults.

Pages: [1]