News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Internal device monitoring feature  (Read 2586 times)
« on: February 25, 2008, 22:53:06 »
bpatel *

I am a new user and love this product so much that we have started to replace existing routers at some of our client sites.  Great job m0n0 team.

I wanted to see if it would make sense to include following feature that I have started to develop.  D-Link hotspot have a feature called Device Monitor that allowed monitoring of internal devices by pinging at specified interval and if ping failed email was sent to an admin.

I have started to create a device monitor service in m0n0 that will allow user to enter email information and to create an ip list.  The ip in the list will be pinged at specified interval and if it fails email will be sent using msmtp.

Would this be something useful to add?  Any feedback or ideas

Thanks!

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:24:07 »
sabroad *

Even better than simple pinging: m0n0wall-CMI http://m0n0wall-cmi.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunately, it seems to only support 1.2* versions but I'm sure you've got the motivation to push 1.3* support as a feature request  Wink
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 18:21:09 »
bpatel *

I just looked at the features and demo and look pretty nice but I don't see any options that allow managing or monitoring devices down stream to m0n0.  What we like to see is some way of monitoring devices down stream to m0n0 and to get notification when one of the devices is down.

Pages: [1]