News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: vista users hang on portal login  (Read 2532 times)
« on: March 05, 2008, 16:17:42 »
busybody *

I have vista users that used the portal fine up until a couple of weeks ago when i upgraded the firmware from 1.231 to 1.233. After that the vista users had the hanging problem on redirect through the portal. They show as logged in on the web admin side but just hang. They have ie7 so i rolled back to the 1.231 but they are still the same. A number of MS updates were released at the same time of the upgrade which makes me believe that it may be a security setting which may have changed. I just want these vista users to work again.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 19:54:54 »
jamesh *

I am having the same issue, I bought a laptop with Vista on it unfortunately.  When I authenticate nothing happens (even when left for 10 minutes) but when I click the home page button it goes straight to my home page.

Maybe its a windows tcp/ip stack problem?HuhHuh?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 15:05:59 »
mhochman *

I don't know if this is the same problem i'm having with my redirtect issue a few posts down,  But does this just happen to you on Vista?   

And while the redirect is just hanging, if you drop too a dos box and ping out,  does it work?    I'm having a similar issue, but it happens on all OS's,  not just vista.

Rolling back to 1.22 solved the problem for me,  but any verison higher than 1.22 causes it to hang at the redirect (even though the user is actually logged on)

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:36:26 »
knightmb ****

Have your tried the same thing in Firefox? I've heard that sometimes IE blocks port 8000 (because it's not port 80, but go figure) and that's why the portal page never comes up. Something about non-standard port (not that port 80 is THE standard though, go smack Microsoft).

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]