News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: [SOLD] FS: 1U firewall appliances... Intel and Tachyon units [SOLD]  (Read 3135 times)
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:13 »
Tim Nelson *

Up for sale is an "Intel Netstructure 7110 E-Commerce Accelerator". It was originally marketed and sold as an SSL accelerator (proprietary iPivot software based on OpenBSD) but it has long since been discontinued. However, it runs great as a monowall unit. It has an embedded Teknor SBC, 333MHZ CPU, dual Intel NICs, onboard CF slot, and 32MB RAM(Standard PC100 SDRAM easy to upgrade.. 3 slot total). The most interesting thing is the Rainbow/HiFN PCI encryption accelerator card that is installed on a riser board. You could even take that board and use it in another box you have just for faster/higher capacity encryption.

I also have two "Tachyon Networks VPNA" units. These have a 566mhz celeron, 128MB RAM, dual intel NICS, and a 20GB HD. There are also two PCI slots open. I used these as transparent bridge firewalls in front of some webservers for a while and they performed like a champ.

If you're interested, please make me an offer! I'll accept anything reasonable as I just don't have room for these units anymore and want them gone. If you simply want parts from these units, I'm more than happy to part them out to save $ on shipping.

Please contact me here:  tnelson --[AT]-- fudnet.net  Thanks!

--Tim
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 14:56:41 by Tim Nelson »

Pages: [1]