News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: change port for captive portal?  (Read 2262 times)
« on: March 18, 2008, 14:09:03 »
MOSteve *

Is there any way to change the port that the captive portal web interface runs on?

I would really like to change the m0n0wall administrative port - which is easily done through the GUI, then let the captive portal run on the standard port 80. 

I know there is not this option in the GUI, but is there any other way to change the port CP runs on?

I'm seeing more and more of my generic users come in with security software/proxies/etc.. that disallow outbound access to non-standard ports, therefore they don't get the captive portal page.

TIA,
      -Steve
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:54:24 »
knightmb ****

Is there any way to change the port that the captive portal web interface runs on?

I would really like to change the m0n0wall administrative port - which is easily done through the GUI, then let the captive portal run on the standard port 80. 

I know there is not this option in the GUI, but is there any other way to change the port CP runs on?

I'm seeing more and more of my generic users come in with security software/proxies/etc.. that disallow outbound access to non-standard ports, therefore they don't get the captive portal page.

TIA,
      -Steve

I would like to know as well since I have my m0n0wall on HTTPS port 443 and don't have to worry about any port 80 collisions like that.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]