News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Netgear FVS318 :D  (Read 2243 times)
« on: March 31, 2007, 14:23:37 »
fastcon1 *

I just put a netgear VPN endpoint device in for a customer.  It has a awesome couple of features.  One of the coolest features is that it supports VPN client connections.

You say that is not that cool.  The thing about is that you can put a dynamic DNS name in the firewall device and in the vpn client device and connect.  Is that not the coolest.  Another cool feature is that you can limit the tunnel to a single IP or you can open it two a entire subnet.  When building the tunnel you have to specifiy ip a different IP for the inbound vpn connection.  It is very cool. 

I am going to document my customers configuration and will be glad to post it after I scrub it of any information that could be used to access his vpn. 

I tink that the best feature is the vpn connection with the dynamic DNS.  If we could some how intergrate that into building the static tunnels it would be awesome.  It would allow the tunnels to rebuild by name if they change or the client has reboot his vpn end point and gets a new IP address.  I really hope we can add this type of functionality to M0n0wall. 

RC

Pages: [1]