News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: possible bug in 1.3b7+ with DynDNS  (Read 2418 times)
« on: April 05, 2008, 15:31:41 »
dnn *

Hi.

Some days ago i noticed that my ip at dyndns.org was not updated correctly.
the log says that the update was not successfully.
so i checked the account settings for dyndns.org: i didn't change anything, neither in the m0n0wall config nor at dyndns.org. i even downloaded a backup config.xml from m0n0wall and rececked the account settings - everything fine except of my m0n0wall saying something like this:
"failure to update ng0->XX.XX.XX.XX (xxxxx,dyndns.org)"

i repeat: the account settings were correct! i copy&pasted them and loged me in at dyndns.org. i coult even update the ip manualy....but m0n0wall did not Sad

then i retyped the login to the config page and saved the "changes". and then it worked again correctly.

now i want to know why this happend. i know that i have made some changes the days before with the m0n0 settings so maybe i can repeat these changes and find out what lead to this "no i dont want to update"-mood of m0n0wall.

i will first try to reproduce this bug in 3b7 and then update to 3b10 try it there

or maybe someone else got the same problem and what i did can help him.

ps: i run m0n0 at a generic-pc mit 3 NICs(wan(pppoe),lan,dmz)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 15:34:51 by dnn »
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 00:07:07 »
dnn *

Hi again.

after houres of testing i couldnt figure out why the DynDNS.org update did not work or what i did exactly to cause this.
at that time i even made with the monowall-ping a ping to the dyndns.org site and it worked so i realy dont understand.
probably it was caused by some changes i made but with restarting the machine it disapeared.

so i hope this is not a bug in monowall but rather my old machine that wants finaly to r.i.p.
well see what happens next time if i change essential options in mono - maybe i'll get a soekris or better a ALIX soon Wink

grets dnn

Pages: [1]