News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: How to completely disable Firewall  (Read 5495 times)
« on: July 03, 2008, 01:56:46 »
mplsguru *

Is there a way to completely disable the firewall? All I want to use monowall for is to induce some delay in my path via a traffic shaper. I have turned off NAT and added rules to allow anything in/out each interface, but I still get traffic blocked that is sourced from the LAN subnet coming in on the WAN interface. (Yes, I really do want this functionality.)

I have traffic that originates on the LAN come through the WAN towards the OPT1 interface. The other thing that would solve my problem is to be able to reach the monowall web page via the OPT1 interface. Then I wouldn't have the funky scenario of traffic from the LAN interface through the WAN. I couldn't get the web page to come up on the OPT1 address though.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 18:03:24 »
leesburgfolk *

I need to disable all firewall myself. Have you found out how?

My issue is that all traffic on the WAN is being blocked even though I have allowed it. I already have a hardware firewall in place and only need the captive portal service from monowall.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 14:54:34 »
PiGal777 *

I have the same issue. Is there work around?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 16:59:50 »
Lee Sharp *****

If you open up blanket rules in and out, you have totally disabled the firewall.

However, you still have routing and NAT.  By turning on advanced outbound NAT and fuilling nothing out, you turn off NAT.  For routing it is tougher.  There is not way to turn routing off between LAN and WAN.  However, you can bridge opt1 to LAN or WAN.  But I do not know how traffic shaping works on bridges.

As for the web page on opt1, that works fine for me in any scenario.  (As long as firewall rules allow it.)

Pages: [1]