News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Few simple features that would be very useful.  (Read 2323 times)
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:36 »
ET *

Hi.
After using m0n0wall for some time I have few suggestions for very useful features. Unfortunetly I'm not a programming guru so I can't implement those functions by myself  Undecided
1. In DHCP Server setup page. It would be very useful to have a place to enter IP address for two DNS servers. For example: first DNS is an Active Directory DNS and the second is an m0n0wall DNS. For now I'm doing this by editing the xml config file.
2. A password for console would be great. Not enabled by default but only active when you disable the console menu.
3. An option for enabling console on COM port for generic pc image would be great. For now I'm doing this by manualy editing the bootloader file.

Those features would simplify things very much.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 19:56:38 »
frodo *

From the DHCP server admin page:

Note:
The DNS servers entered in System: General setup (or the DNS forwarder, if enabled) will be assigned to clients by the DHCP server.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:22:31 »
ET *

I know that you can assign those dns servers from General Setup page to a dhcp client. But what about a config where two companies share the same internet connection. M0n0wall is the dhcp server. On Lan and on OPT1 there are AD servers and you have to assign different dns servers for both Lan and Opt1? In my case the dhcp server on AD server is not an option.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 13:44:07 by ET »

Pages: [1]