News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Outbound LAN traffic being blocked?  (Read 2941 times)
« on: April 06, 2007, 17:18:23 »
SomaFM *

I run some php scripts that connect repeatedly to the same IP for various things I work with (game master server lists, game stats parsing, etc..)

The scripts seem to run ok, but I notice that the firewall in m0n0wall is blocking SOME of this traffic at random... so I may not be getting the full potential of my scripts.

When I notice this happening I will clear the firewall log, and then keep refreshing it to see if they continuously get blocked, and they seem to be getting passed from then on like the problem solved itself. But once in a while I go in there and I notice the scripts are getting blocked again. I am just curious as to why this traffic is getting blocked. It's LAN traffic, and if I go into my firewall rules there is a default rule set that allows ALL lan traffic to be passed... so I don't know why these are getting blocked.

Is there anything behind the scenes of m0n0wall that is blocking this...like something that limits the amount of simultaneous connections? If so I would like that all to be turned off so my scripts can do their work. Or do I need to add an extra firewall rule of some kind? Screenshots are attached to show the firewall logs and the firewall rule I have in place.

Thanks for the help in advance Cool

* blocked.JPG (108.58 KB, 558x634 - viewed 486 times.)

* firewallrules.JPG (27.88 KB, 594x304 - viewed 454 times.)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:26:46 »
clarknova ***

I notice that the firewall in m0n0wall is blocking SOME of this traffic at random... so I may not be getting the full potential of my scripts.

If I read your post correctly, then your firewall log is your only evidence of packets being blocked when they should be passed. If so, then your answer lies in the FAQ:

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-legit-traffic-dropped.html

If, however, you are experiencing symptoms of your scripts not working properly, and blocked packets seem to be part of the problem, then it may warrant further investigation.

db
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 19:59:38 »
SomaFM *

Alright that sounds like why it's doing it  Smiley Thanks

Pages: [1]