News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Captive Portal - Multiple VLAN/SSID Configuration  (Read 4802 times)
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:03:18 »
avelardo *

All:

I have been working with mono to create a captive portal for wireless user authentication at a remote site that will be coming online soon.  So far I am very impressed with mono (especially the live CD/Floppy/USB storage Grin ). I have pretty much everything working the way I want it to (we are using Windows IAS for radius authentication since LDAP is not directly support yet), but now that we have a proof of concept completed we want to use the mono captive portal to authentication three different wireless networks.  Basically guests, students, and faculty which reside on different VLANs on the switch.

I have completed the switch configuration as well as the mono configuration in regards to the VLAN interfaces, DHCP scopes, etc. Unfortunately having captive portal enabled breaks the ability for the clients to even get an IP address, unless that interface is selected for CP.  As soon as I disable the captive portal everything works like a charm except for the authentication obviously. 

Has anyone run into this issue and if so how did you solve it? My apologies if it is in another post on this forum; I searched around and could not find anything really related to it.

TIA!

Adam
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 17:04:01 »
avelardo *

Nevermind...I guess I missed it when I went through the FAQ.  Lips sealed
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:22:05 »
Taguapire *

Hi,

I thought that Captive portal feature only can be deployed in one network or interface, i don't remember very well. Please search at m0n0wall mailing list archive.

Regards,

Taguapire.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 17:17:53 »
hlipsey *

How did you get this to work?
I've looked through the FAQ and don't see what I need.

Thanks,
Henry

Pages: [1]