News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Voucher Numbers in Sequence  (Read 2800 times)
« on: November 26, 2008, 18:09:48 »
roehlaguila *

Hello,

I am planning to implement m0n0wall to one of our clients as free Wi-Fi.

Is there a way to assign voucher numbers in sequence? (e.g. 1,2,3 etc) I plan to use the order number (which is in sequence) on the register receipt as the password to access the hotspot.

Thanks,
Roehl Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:14:42 by roehlaguila »
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 18:54:38 »
mwiget *

not sure I understand your question correctly, so please clarify if I got it wrong.

Voucher codes do contain roll and voucher numbers so m0n0wall knows which voucher from which roll is getting used and is marked as used after the allocated time expired.

Having said that, the vouchers do contain a voucher number starting with 1 and increasing by 1 up to the configured maximum, but its not human readable by looking at the voucher code.

So what you can do is print the generated vouchers with the voucher number on it, but you would still need to hand out the voucher corresponding to the number, which seems complicated. What I've seen our customer doing is simply hand out a voucher to customers asking for wifi access with their receipt.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 22:00:04 »
roehlaguila *

m0nowall generates voucher codes based from the parameters given.

what i have in mind is to hard code the vouchers in the database so that the order number generated at the register will match the voucher code in m0n0wall.

Pages: [1]