News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Monowall's WebGUI customized for non-firewall uses (and Linux?)  (Read 10418 times)
« on: December 04, 2008, 18:02:41 »
nikolaos *

I hope this the proper section to ask this question.

Is there a framework or tools avaible for using Monowall's WebGUI for other uses? I'm currently using PC Engines ALIX x86 board as a custom audiophile grade music server feeding a dedicated USB DAC. Files are fetched via NFS from a remote server.

Software stack so far:
Voyage Linux - Stripped down Debian; runs entirely in RAM from compact flash.
MPD - Music Player Daemon- daemon on the alix board and music controlled via clients, e.g., Nokia n800 tablet.

In making this setup super easy to configure for non UNIX users, I was looking at building some sort of WebGUI interface so that a user can configure MPD: music file directories, starting and stopping MPD daemon, rebooting alix board, etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 20:24:36 »
knightmb ****

I hope this the proper section to ask this question.

Is there a framework or tools avaible for using Monowall's WebGUI for other uses? I'm currently using PC Engines ALIX x86 board as a custom audiophile grade music server feeding a dedicated USB DAC. Files are fetched via NFS from a remote server.

Software stack so far:
Voyage Linux - Stripped down Debian; runs entirely in RAM from compact flash.
MPD - Music Player Daemon- daemon on the alix board and music controlled via clients, e.g., Nokia n800 tablet.

In making this setup super easy to configure for non UNIX users, I was looking at building some sort of WebGUI interface so that a user can configure MPD: music file directories, starting and stopping MPD daemon, rebooting alix board, etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Not the way I think you are looking for. The entire interface is written in PHP, and it just uses good ole html and javascript to run everything from the GUI part anyway. I might be wrong, but I've never seen a stripe template version of the m0n0wall GUI available, I imagine a lot of custom code is written into it so it might not be a simple plug n' play type of setup if you did use it that way.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]