News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: About Captive Portal user(Erase when expire!)  (Read 3734 times)
« on: December 20, 2008, 18:15:11 »
jackyzrk *

as the title! We know that m0n0wall will delete users automatically when they're expire!

But I want it just stop the user to access the internet and notice them instead of erase the user!

How can I?

I had try to delete the erase code in "captiveprotal/index.php", but it still erase my users when they're expired. Can somebody help?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 17:30:57 »
knightmb ****

You are probably talking about a custom build for this. It's just default User Manager behavior for m0n0wall. The only "easy" way short of rolling your own install for m0n0wall to do this would be via Radius server support. The Radius server would be able to tell m0n0wall which users were valid or invalid, you wouldn't have to worry about them getting deleted.

I guess it depends on how easy you can get a Radius server setup also, but someone else may already have a patch that you can do for this.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:40:52 »
jackyzrk *

Thank you!

I have know radius can do this for me! But it will take more money! I need another server!

I hope it can be done by m0n0WALL!

Another function is to notify the customer that their account is expire!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 16:44:32 »
knightmb ****

Thank you!

I have know radius can do this for me! But it will take more money! I need another server!

I hope it can be done by m0n0WALL!

Another function is to notify the customer that their account is expire!

What if you could use a radius server that had it's own built in web interface that you could manage users, disable accounts, expire, etc. all remotely? Would that be cheaper than having to build another server just to get radius benefits? Kind of like a hosted service, except tailored to work with the m0n0wall built in captive portal?

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 02:55:52 »
GB49 *

I'm having the same problem with account expire. Seems like a poor logic choice to auto delete expired accounts. Would be nice to see them go inactive, hence "expire", but not deleted. Or a check box to allow yes or no delete after expire.

-GB

Pages: [1]