News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: proxy server  (Read 2813 times)
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:31:07 »
inuyasha *

long story short, the friend im living withs isp DMCA'd me for using bittorent to download a couple of linux distros. so i was wanting to set up a proxy server on my isp at my dads house, and a friend said monowall should be able to do it. could anyone enlighten me as to how, and if monowall cant, can someone tell me something that can? being debian based, is there any way to install debian based packages? cpu/ram arent an issue, its running on a celaron 500mhz, but i can upgrade to a p4 3.0 if necessary, just the celaron has low operational cost, and speed isnt much of an issue, as its mostly bulk data
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:29:46 »
markb ****

Monowall is based on FreeBSD not Linux.  It does not support having other packages running.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 08:47:39 »
inuyasha *

due to laqe of constructive input/time constraints i went with ubuntu/dante. not as fast as mono would have been, but i only had a couple days to play.
*note to anyone else trying to use dante, you must get the source and compile it yourself, the version on the package manager is out of date and crashes often
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:07:57 »
markb ****

Hardly unconstructive.  You made a wrong assumption about the underlying OS which I corrected and then said it can't be done.  What did you want?

Pages: [1]