News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Question on firewall / routing  (Read 2246 times)
« on: April 11, 2007, 16:50:52 »
pokeefe *

I have a m0n0wall firewall setup on my local network, and am trying to create a separate network for devices that my users plug in that create a lot of broadcast traffic and bring the network to a halt.

My network is setup similar to this:

OPT1  --  m0n0  --  LAN  --  rest of corporate network via checkpoint VPN.  (WAN port is not used)

I have static routes set to use the default gateway on the LAN, for devices on the OPT1 network to reach the rest of the corporate network.

While on the OPT1 network, I am able to reach servers on the LAN and the rest of the corporate network, but machines on the rest of the corporate network cannot reach ANYTHING on the OPT1 network (m0n0wall OPT1 IP address included).  I have set the firewall rules to allow everything between both interfaces (and I CAN reach everything on OPT1 from LAN and v/v), but I can not reach computers on OPT1 from the rest of the network (they are being blocked in the firewall).

Does anyone have any ideas why this does not work?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Peter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 23:20:49 »
cmb *****

I have set the firewall rules to allow everything between both interfaces (and I CAN reach everything on OPT1 from LAN and v/v), but I can not reach computers on OPT1 from the rest of the network (they are being blocked in the firewall).

When you say "the are being blocked in the firewall", are you seeing blocks in the firewall log, or are you presuming they're getting blocked by the firewall?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:48:16 »
darklogic *

My first question is are there 2 seprate networks on 2 different subnets. Or do you have over lapping subnets. in others words are both sides of the network like for example: 255.255.255.0

Pages: [1]