News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Chained SSL certs  (Read 4624 times)
« on: April 12, 2007, 21:06:28 »
jeff *

How can I set up a chained cert for the captive portal?  I have an SSL cert from Comodo and I have three certs-- a root, an intermediate, and my own cert.  I have tried pasting in all three, one after the other, in every compbination possible.  The only way that works at all is if I put my own cert first, and then it can't see the certification path and I get a browser warning.  How can I get this working?

Thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 18:58:45 »
knightmb ****

I've tried for days with the same setup, it won't work because COMODO isn't a trusted CA in most browsers and thus you always get the security warning. Don't worry, it's not you as it sounds like you did everything right.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 14:13:44 »
fjgalesloot *

I have the same problem with a DigiCert certificate.

Currently we are using a Captive Portal using apache on linux. With the Apache webserver, I needed to 'install' the Intermediate certificate. After that the apache server worked flawlessly, no security warnings anymore in the web browser.

Is there no way to install one or more intermediate Ca certificates in M0n0wall? It would be really nice to replace our current implementation with a m0n0wall solution.

Floris Jan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 21:16:03 »
knightmb ****

It's as simple as copying all of them into one certificate, browser will sort them out. The same way you make a SSL for a mail server for example.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 21:05:02 »
f41thr *

How can I set up a chained cert for the captive portal?  I have an SSL cert from Comodo and I have three certs-- a root, an intermediate, and my own cert.  I have tried pasting in all three, one after the other, in every compbination possible.  The only way that works at all is if I put my own cert first, and then it can't see the certification path and I get a browser warning.  How can I get this working?

Thanks

Is some interest to get a detailed documentation. I worked on a solution for StartSSL certificates.

I will use the certificate to manage my private m0n0walls remotely.

F41THR

Pages: [1]