News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Improvements to WebUI and other Features  (Read 2032 times)
« on: March 05, 2009, 19:38:51 »
plamalice *

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a few simple improvements to m0n0 and the WebUI.

- Add to ability to run a script on WAN up/down (Or to each individual interface).
   This would allow custom actions to take place for the event. (for exemple, light a led on ALiX boards)

- Add the ability to run a script for Dynamic IP (DynDNS)
   Custom actions again

- Language files
   A few people have asked for this in the past. The WebUI being written in PHP, it would be pretty easy to
   implement; Replace all the text in the WebUI with vars and create language files containing the Vars. The
   appropriate language file could then be included.

- Move all of the WebUI styling to CSS
   A good portion of the styling is hard-coded in the php/html (When i last fiddled with it; 1.2x). This won't do
   much in terms of functionality, but it could save a few KBytes and make it easier to modify the WebUI (sepa-
   rate style and content). I'm willing to make those changes myself (I'm a web dev).

- Copy the content of a directory on the CF to the RAMdisk on boot
   A directory on the CF (in which the FS directory structure could be re-created) could contain modified or
   additional files that would be copied over the ones in the RAMdisk. This would allow some form of modification
   that would survive a reboot and that would not require the image to be rebuilt. (An option to clear that dir
   should also be added to the firmware upload page so that old modified files do not break a newer version of
   m0n0wall).

AFAIK, all of these should be easy to implement and would add a good degree of control/customization to m0n0wall. Thoughts?

Pages: [1]