News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Physdiskwrite write error (DD-WRT X86) in Windows  (Read 5872 times)
« on: March 19, 2009, 23:28:59 »
pbaerveldt *

I may have a solution for everyone that is still getting the write disk error after X ammount of bytes.

what i have found out over the last 10 hours doing this i looked at the disk management to see how many partitions there were. each time it failed i would end up with 3-4 seperate partitions on the compact flash cart. so what i ended up doing was load my windows XP virtual machine and mounted a new hdd with that CF as the hdd. once i got into windows on that machine i was able to remove the partitions and shutdown. when i looked at my vista machine it showed 1 partition on the drive so after i got that far i tried it again and it still failed. so what i did was right clicked the drive... did a format (uncheck quick format) and while it was formatting i pulled the card out of my reader and closed the format utility (end task) then plugged it back in.... at that time windows asked if i wanted to format.... with that screen up i was able to run physdiskwrite and successfully wrote the information to the CF cart.... plugged it into my machine and it booted up without any probs. i can now login to the web interface of my new x86 router ^^

hopefully this gives you the same results , i was almost ready to give up from going back and forth between VM's to get the partition removed.

im sure there are other methods to getting this done but this worked for me so if anyone else is having the same issue this might be worth a shot.... just keep in mind that once you do run the physdiskwrite program that you will not see it under windows.... atleast i didn't see it and didn't want to check thinking it might reset something on the CF.

Pages: [1]