News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: ATT Uverse 2Wire setup  (Read 5909 times)
« on: April 04, 2009, 00:21:14 »
commish *

I have ATT Uverse and now everything is part of a 2Wire device.. The 2Wire device is an all in one device for all the things in the house- phone, internet and TV. It also has Wi-Fi built in and it also has some firewall settings. I am trying to fire out how to implement the m0n0wall into my setup.. Can someone hopefully help me out with this, in the end I have a server (which will become my web server) that I want protected from any intrusions.
Thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:52:13 »
ChainSaw

your RG should show your m0n0wall as a connected device and allow you to put it in the DMZ.  next reboot your RG and m0n0wall and Uverse should give your m0n0wall's WAN port a public IP.  you won't be able to use the Uverse WiFi if you want all your internet traffic to go through your m0n0wall.

CS...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:23:12 by ChainSaw »
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 22:17:21 »
cphase *

Commish how is ur m0n0 working out w/ Uverse? I will b getting it soon and would like to know how it is working and if indeed ur m0n0 gets a public IP from the rg. Hope u r enjoying the service, that is what I do for a living.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:28:39 »
Jackass *

m0n0 and Uverse work fine.  Just like it has been said before, you end up making your RG only handle the specific Uverse functions.  All wireless and wired connections must be done from behind the m0n0wall.  The RG only handles the STBs and basically becomes just your generic DSL modem.  I have been running on Uverse with my m0n0 for 10 months now.  I ended up disabling the wireless in the RG since I have no use for it and didn't want it causing any un-needed interference.

Pages: [1]