News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Is it possible ? 2 diffrent lans using the same wan port.  (Read 2246 times)
« on: April 13, 2009, 23:20:24 »
Jonny2 *

Hi,
I have recently switched from smootwall to m0n0wall, because the vpn utilities in m0n0wall. I have configured 2 different vpn tunnels and they are working just fine.
The only problem i am trying to solve is that i want to let my tenant use 1 of the 4 nics for him selves, with another subnet than am i using.
The pc i have installed m0n0wall at has got 4 different nics. 1 for LAN, 1 for WAN, 1 for OPT1, and 1 for OPT2.
OPT2 nic are disabled by me.
I have installed m0n0wall version (cdrom-1.3b16.iso) at a internal hard drive. The traffic from LAN nic works fine, and all port mappings as well.

My network are configured like this. 10.0.0.x/24
My tenants network are configured like this 10.0.2.x/24

When i connect a computer to my tenant’s nic, using a crossed cat5e cable, i can not even get any reply from ping. I am pinging 10.0.2.1 from a computer using 10.0.2.33.
I have tried to use the bridged with LAN, and bridged with WAN option, at the interface settings/menu, but with no luck so far. I have also tried to add an static route, but this didn`t help either.
With laptop connected to the OPT1 nic, i cannot get reply from ping, any internet connection, or any connection to the LAN nic.

What i am trying to achieve is that i don`t want be connected to my tenant because of viruses, privacy etc.

Is this possible using m0n0wall ?  If it is possible, i would be grateful for some help ! Please help me out if you got any ideas Wink

My network is connected like this.

T1 internet line is connected to m0n0walls WAN nic.
M0n0walls LAN nic are connected to my main HP gigabit switch
M0n0walls OPT1 nic are connected to my tenants switch (when testing OPT1 nic i used an crossed cable directly from OPT1 nic to my laptop).

Best regards
Jonny2
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 23:54:12 »
ChainSaw

OPT interfaces need a pass rule to allow them to access the Internet.  you will also want to add a block rule (above the pass rule) to block traffic to your LAN.

CS...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:44:46 »
Jonny2 *

I have tried to make several rules. One that allows (pass) traffic from tenant nic to WAN addresses, and one rule that allows traffic from tenant nic to my LAN. The last rule did i just enter for testing. Still i cannot get this to work.
Any other tip Chainsaw ? Should i use the BRIDGDE WITH option f.example ? Currenrtly the BRIDGED WITH option is set to NONE.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:07:41 »
ChainSaw

reset your m0n0wall back to factory defaults.  don't use bridged mode.  add this OPT1 Pass rule:

|  *  |  OPT1net  |  *  |  *  |  *  |  default OPT1 to any  |

CS...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:09:16 by ChainSaw »
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 18:39:57 »
Jonny2 *

Thanks alot for the help CS. You really solved my problem. I have done the change in my M0n0wall, and i have testet it. It works just fine.

Pages: [1]