News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: M0n0wall doesn't issue DHCP adressess  (Read 1893 times)
« on: April 22, 2009, 16:55:21 »
TFS *

Hi All,

I'm having a knightmare getting M0n0wall configured on my generic PC.

However many times I play around with the NIC/DHCP configs on the setup page I still can't make any contact with the webGUI.

My Set-Up is as follows:-

Internet supplied via DHCP 

IP:     172.17.101.x/24
DG:    172.17.101.1
DNS:  193.203.82.66

NIC = 2 x Netgear FA311

Client PC connected to LAN port of M0n0wall via x-over ethernet cable (cable OK). Also tried straight cable via switch to no avail.

I've read through all of the forum topics that relate to my problem and the results all seem to have been cured using methods I have already tried, so I'm at a total loss and might have to give up. This would be a shame as I feel that M0n0wall could work well for me If I can just get it configured.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:52:42 »
markb ****

Are you confident that the interfaces have been identified correctly?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 13:14:54 »
TFS *

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to have one last go today using the 1.3b16 iso.

It seems there may have been an issue with the Netgear FA311 NIC's I was using because I kept getting a "cable error" message which went away once I rebooted with two diffent NIC's. I also found some useful video clips on you tube by simply searching "monowall" that described the whole setup process.

So I am pleased to say my Monowall box is now up and running and I can access the webGUI.

As my main point of interest is the captive portal facillity I am currently familiarising with the settings. I may be back on the forum again soon as I am already running into difficulties getting an HTML page uploaded and working correctly, but it's still early days so hopefully I will get to the bottom of it. However, if you do happen to know any typical problems with the config of the portal page it may save me some time.

Thanks again.

Pages: [1]