News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: LAN/WLAN bridged -> wireless devices can't ping6 the router  (Read 2779 times)
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:24:13 »
wereHamster *

My setup: monowall 1.3b16, IPv6 tunnel on WAN (through sixxs.net), LAN and WLAN bridged and assigned an IPv6 /64 subnet. I have several computers (wired and wireless), all of which automatically configure an IPv6 address in that subnet (through ICMP RAs).

I can ping6 between those computers, I can ping6 from wired devices to the internet, but I can't ping6 from wireless devices neither the router address nor anything else on the internet. When I change WLAN to be on a separate subnet (no bridging), everything works. So it seems as the router is missing a rule to allow IPv6 traffic from WLAN to internet when LAN and WLAN is bridged.

The IPv6 firewall is only blocking "Reserved IPv6 networks" on the WAN interface, everything else is wide open (eg. rules that allow everything through). I couldn't see anything obvious when looking at the firewall rules in system.php, but if you want to have a look I can post the relevant tables here.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 15:45:11 »
wereHamster *

I think I've found the problem: packets sent from my laptop (wireless) to the router arrive, but the packets sent back never arrive at the laptop due to a bad route in the router. netstat -nr shows this line:

[address of my laptop]    link#1    UHLW    vr0

but vr0 is the wired ethernet port, it should be ath0 instead (atheros wireless card). No idea what 'link#1' means.

Pages: [1]