News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: remote network support for captive portal  (Read 4195 times)
« on: May 06, 2009, 00:42:17 »
Jim *

Does Monowall support captive portal with remote networks? 

I configured policy based routing (PBR) on a Cisco router to forward a subnet to the LAN interface of a Monwall firewall but the captive portal login page does not display.  When I turned off the captive portal, remote subnet can access internet and appropriately NATTed.
I configured a static route on LAN interface to reach the remote network.

On the captive portal settings page, the first option says to turn on captive portal on LAN or WAN.  I put a PC on Monowall LAN subnet and the captive portal worked fine.  Does this mean only the subnet associated with LAN or WAN is subject to the captive portal filtering, not the remote networks? 

Any help is appreciated.

-Jim
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 18:49:11 »
Jim *

Never mind. 

I did not disable MAC filtering on the captive portal.  Following Monowall code helped.

http://cvs.pfsense.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pfSense/usr/local/captiveportal/index.php?rev=1.37

Jim
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:09:33 »
knightmb ****

Does Monowall support captive portal with remote networks? 

I configured policy based routing (PBR) on a Cisco router to forward a subnet to the LAN interface of a Monwall firewall but the captive portal login page does not display.  When I turned off the captive portal, remote subnet can access internet and appropriately NATTed.
I configured a static route on LAN interface to reach the remote network.

On the captive portal settings page, the first option says to turn on captive portal on LAN or WAN.  I put a PC on Monowall LAN subnet and the captive portal worked fine.  Does this mean only the subnet associated with LAN or WAN is subject to the captive portal filtering, not the remote networks? 

Any help is appreciated.

-Jim

Only the Interface is subject to Captive Portal. If the LAN is using Captive Portal, the client has to hit that first before Captive Portal can intercept (and then, it has to be a web browser). Otherwise, nothing can get through, not even pings until the user authenticates first.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]