News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Changing layouts  (Read 4259 times)
« on: April 16, 2007, 15:38:36 »
Osa2 *

Hi,

is there any wich makes it possible to restyle the background's php's and/or other stuff.
I know this is not really relevant to the use of the firewall software. But I would like to change the background's of diffrent mono walls.
When I log on I can see direct if it is monowall for my administration and monowall for production and monowall for incoicing dept.

I have in total 8 dept. each with a monowall firewall.
configured on diffrent LAN segments. It would be great to see green background for invoice dept. red background for distribution dept. etc....

Can this be done? or can I find the source code somewhere?

many thanks

Osa2
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 23:35:33 »
cmb *****

Sure, just have to modify the image. Any changes you make at run time will be lost at the next reboot (though that would be a good way to first test your changes, if you really blow up something, just reboot Smiley )

Install a FreeBSD 6.2 machine or VM, and grab workon.sh from http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/

run:
chmod +x workon.sh
./workon.sh imagename.img

then 'ls', and you'll see the mounted directories. Make your changes, type 'exit', and your image will be re-packed with your changes. You can then load your newly modified image using firmware upgrade.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 03:19:14 »
pixsell *

Hi,
A few months ago someone wanted to make a website that allow you to upload a image, modify the webgui, and than download the image back. (Hot and ready to install...)

But I thing the guy give up with the idea (too bad, really)

I really want that feature like many other users too,

so please help those who dont know how to setup a freebsd system or VM to modify with workon.sh

Thank you for all of us

Pages: [1]