News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Request: VMWare image for 1.235 WRAP development  (Read 4690 times)
« on: May 28, 2009, 15:54:22 »
Klaws *

Hi,

as a few other people around here, I'd like to make a few changes to the m0n0wall WRAP image. Yup, right, I'm not afraid of compiling stuff myself (I did 30 years of software devopment...and still do).

My problem is to get the development environment up and running.

"Download FreeDSB-4.11-RELEASE". Just great: after clicking though an abhorrent number of links and redirects on one of the FreeBSD FTP servers, I finally arrived at a symlink which promised me "FreeBDS-4.11-RELEASE" but lead me into an infinite loop instead.

Ha. Funny.

I should also mention that this isn't the first time I have worked with FreeBSD. Yup, years ago I tried to setup a similar development environment in a VM, and I even found the FreeBSD installation ISOs. Next step was to download and apply some important patches for a gazillion of kernel components and stuff...took me a few days to hunt down about 50% of the patches on various places on the internet...and finally gave up. Dunno if I need to take a similar approach for m0n0wall development, but my prior experiences do not exactly raise enthusiastic optimism in me.... ;-)

I suspect that quite a few people should have ready-to-run VM images available for m0n0wall V1.235 development for the WRAP platform (and, prefferably, for the Gerenic_PC platform as well). Perhaps someone could be so kind and provide such an image for download?

It might also be nice to have such VMWare images for the 1.3b* branch as well :-)

Thanks, and best regards, Klaus
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 16:34:02 »
Klaws *

Yup, and I didn't even mention dead links like at http://doc.m0n0.ch/dev/image-guide-libraries.html Cry

- Klaus Wink

Pages: [1]