News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: monowall with captive portal acting as an access point?  (Read 3976 times)
« on: June 15, 2009, 19:17:07 »
wescb *

I know monowall does not allow Captive Portal to run with an interface bridged. My question is how do you achieve that same sort of functionality (wireless bridged to LAN). Here is my setup:

Monowall for wireless users, to preset them with a captive portal for login before it forwards them (via the LAN interface) to the rest of the network. Basically I want an access point with captive portal.

I have tried everything I can think of, giving the LAN and wireless IPs in the same subnet, in different ones, static routes, etc. I'm at a loss. I've searched high and low and I must be missing something obvious.

System config is an ALIX with 3 ethernet with a MiniPCI wireless card. Running monowall 1.3b15/16 (tried both).

Thanks in advance,
Wes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 21:58:09 »
knightmb ****

You mentioned the MiniPCI wireless, do you mean it's a part of your m0n0wall system?

I've never used a built-in wireless card with m0n0wall before, not sure how it treats the interfaces.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 18:41:00 »
Lee Sharp *****

Don't bridge, route.  No reason all the users have to be on the same collision domain.  You just need to open up the firewall enough to do what you need to do.

Pages: [1]