News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: m0n0 run, but freenas not, what are the differencies???  (Read 4187 times)
« on: June 17, 2009, 22:43:27 »
bogi32b *

I wrote in freenas forum this:
Quote from: bogi32b
Hi,

I installed with this how-to:
# Download Physdiskwrite from: http://m0n0.ch/wall/physdiskwrite.php
Read the instructions carefully.
# Then download the current FreeNAS IMG file(not ISO) from Sourceforge
# Plug the USB key or CF in your PC and format the disk as FAT.
To eliminate any errors make sure that only the target disk is connected.
# Drag the FreeNAS IMG file to the Phydiskwrite icon and select the USB/CF drive.
You must be log-is as Administrator.
# Plug the USB key into your FreeNAS box and boot from USB key or CF card.

plugged in the CF card to the CF slot of my http://www.tri-m.com/products/iei/files/specs/nova4899_spec.pdf NOVA-4899 board (/dev/hdc when boot with linux) and let boot, but boot stops with "searching for config file", no reaction.
On same hardware m0n0wall runs without problems (freenas is based on m0n0, right?)
Some suggestions?
Funny is that m0n0 runs out of the box with same install methid on exact the same hardware and freenas is based on m0n0, so what can be the reason why freenas canĀ“t talk with ad0???
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 19:02:49 »
Lee Sharp *****

The m0n0wall release is based on FreeBSD 4.11, and FreeNAS is based on a later distribution.  See if the m0n0wall beta will work.  If not, you have your answer.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:13:16 »
markb ****

It is a bit of a stretch to say that FreeNAS is based on monowall.  I believe that it is really just the php Web interface and documentation that is based on monowall, not necessarily the underlying architecture.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 13:27:26 »
bogi32b *

It is a bit of a stretch to say that FreeNAS is based on monowall.  I believe that it is really just the php Web interface and documentation that is based on monowall, not necessarily the underlying architecture.

Sounds like: This webinterface is cool and will fit to freenas, let us take this. We use freebsd, too, so we can say it is based on... right?

Anyway, i will try m0n0 beta as test.

Pages: [1]