News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Poll
Question: setup m0n0wall Captive portal Radius setting as blank password as password will be entered by user's
Urgent - 0 (0%)
Project completion - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
Topic: User's to login by entering their username and password  (Read 2461 times)
« on: August 11, 2009, 02:15:37 »
banaba *

Hi,

i'm currently using m0n0wall for my Hotspot Prepaid Internet, since everything is working fine with a login page that user's enter only enter their username to authenticate to internet and my password is set on the Captive portal Radius setting which is a password for my Radius server.

Can anyone help me out to set m0n0wall password entered from the login page with the username too, i've tried blank password on the Captive portal radius setting but it is not working.

Since i have users with different username and password that can be authenticated to internet if m0n0wall pass it to my Remote Radius server.

banaba.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 10:23:57 »
markb ****

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.  The password on the Radius server page is the shared secret that allows the Monowall to use the Radius server for authentication.  If you want your users to use username and password then their Radius accounts need a password.  I didn't think that Radius accepted blank passwords anyway.

Pages: [1]