News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: UDP Broadcast thru IPSec  (Read 4425 times)
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:48:39 »
zer0imax *

Im trying to built an IPsec tunnel between 2 sites... it seems that i cant play Warcraft III using LAN over the tunnel. After some research and reading, i found out that IPsec do not broadcast UDP packets, and Warcraft III uses UDP to broadcast its server as other games as well.

Is there a work around using m0n0wall? I am loving m0n0wall, but as i tried other vpn/firewall solutions b4. Pls help me out here~~
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:10:24 »
darklogic *

Try setting up a WINS server on both ends of the tunnel and also check the allow fragmented packets under the Advanced tab and see if that helps.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:39:55 »
cmb *****

Broadcasts don't cross broadcast domains. In the case of a VPN link, each network is its own broadcast domain. Normally you don't want to connect broadcast domains because most networks have way more broadcast traffic than you want to push over a VPN connection. In some cases like this it may be desirable, but it's not possible with IPsec.

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-broadcasts-over-vpn.html

As for the OpenVPN part of that, it may or may not get implemented in 1.3. There seems to be some renewed interest, but I'm not sure how far that'll go.

Pages: [1]