News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Auto-dial Microsoft PPTP connection based on IP?  (Read 3438 times)
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:12:38 »
airzonk *

This is more of a question regarding Win XP's built in PPTP client and Windows TCP/IP than m0n0wall.

A certain subnet (192.168.111.x) at work I use m0n0wall and PPTP to connect to.  Is there any way I can tell Windows, "when a connection attempt to 192.168.111.x is made, open or dial the PPTP connection if it isn't already open"?

I have to double click the VPN connection and connect each time.  If not, that's okay; but kind of a design flaw in their basic client I guess.

Thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 14:09:00 »
lappyx86 *

No, you cant have it auto dial that i am aware of.  The reason is that say your using a laptop that you take home, every time you connect to your home network it would dial the VPN.  Windows simply doesn't know when or when not to dial the VPN.  More or less, the function of a VPN is to connect you only when you tell it to, not automatically.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 23:15:31 »
darklogic *

The only auto connect feature of windows pptp that I know of is set in the browser setting of IE. Go to tools, Internet Options, and then click on the connections tab. Check the tab that states always dial my default connection. Make sure the pptp is set to the default. What happens is your pptp connection will auto dial and connect when you open your browser.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 15:27:32 »
Gin *

Some scripting magic and rasphone or rasdial should help.

Pages: [1]