News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Users change password themselves..!  (Read 2289 times)
« on: August 30, 2009, 19:13:54 »
leosanmon *

Hello..

I'm try to put on my captive portal, a link to allow users to change their own password.. I've achieve something like it. Also I've created a user (username:user password:123456) that is just allow to access services_captiveportal_user_edit.php. But I can't find a way to automatically log with this user in order to allow users to change their password.

Any solutions or any ideas? Have anybody done something like this before?

Thanks....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:31:44 »
knightmb ****

Hello..

I'm try to put on my captive portal, a link to allow users to change their own password.. I've achieve something like it. Also I've created a user (username:user password:123456) that is just allow to access services_captiveportal_user_edit.php. But I can't find a way to automatically log with this user in order to allow users to change their password.

Any solutions or any ideas? Have anybody done something like this before?

Thanks....
If your captive portal machine has Internet access, I'm working a m0n0wall specific radius service that will allow exactly that. Mainly I was doing this for my customers, but I've seen enough postings about it here that it might be useful for others as well.

If you are willing to help me test it, you can use it for free.  Grin

Screenshot of it below, allows you to create usernames, set bandwidth, monitor usage, delete, etc.

* web_based_user_manager.gif (40.66 KB, 680x315 - viewed 396 times.)

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]