News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Configuring VDSL (german Telekom)  (Read 1350 times)
« on: November 03, 2009, 17:43:48 »
toskala *

Hello forum,

I have just completed the installation of m0n0wall 1.3b18 (I need the beta because of ipv6 support) and finally managed to get that VDSL from german Telekom working. I was just curious if it was the right thing I did because I found most information here in the forum a bit missleading.

From what I know VDSL requires vlan with id 7 support. Which can easily enabled in the configuration interface. I created it under /interfaces_vlan.php

Now the few sources in the internet say that the WAN interface under /interfaces_assign.php needs to be set to that freshly created VLAN 7 device. But If I do so I can not establich a dialup connection with my provider. However, if I set the WAN interface to the physical interface connected to my VDSL modem the connection works like a charm.

It is definetly a VDSL connection that is running, I have made a little download and upload test and the bandwidth I get is most likely to be correct (1 mbyte/sec upstream, 4,5 mbyte/sec downstream).

So my question is: did I get something wrong with that VLAN 7 device I have just created or is it supposed to work that way? Can anyone explain this to me?

Cheerios,
toskala

Pages: [1]