News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Drivers  (Read 1825 times)
« on: November 03, 2009, 22:37:16 »
Frothingdog *

Is there a way to add more dirvers to monowall.  I have a LinkSys WMP54G PCI wireless adapter I'd like to use because it fits nicely in my Soekris 4501.

But I see on the Website that the card is not supported.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 20:59:52 »
valuequest *

In this first day working with m0n0wall I have come to the very same question...

@ Frothingdog
Did you figure any hacks or solutions to this question?

Might anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 21:20:06 »
Fred Grayson *****

If the hardware item is not supported by the underlying version of FreeBSD, then it will not work with m0n0wall as built.

Potential workarounds are:

1) Find the source code for the driver, compile it against the applicable version of FreeBSD, and then modify the m0n0wall image to use the compiled driver. This is generally thought to be beyond the reach of most m0n0wall users.

2) Try a development version of m0n0wall 1.8. It is based on a more recent version of FreeBSD and may support the card.

3) See if a recent version of pfsense supports the card. It's not m0n0wall, has higher hardware requirements, and is more complex. But if the card is supported, perhaps you can live with the rest that comes with it.

4) Forgo using an unsupported card and use an external, networked AP. I don't think you can find one that will not work  Grin

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.

Pages: [1]