News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Preconfigure m0n0 wall on CF installation?  (Read 2323 times)
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:58:57 »
winedog *

Since I can't seem to upgrade my 1.3b15 m0n0wall via the web interface, I think I'm gonna have to reinstall it fresh on the CF card.

Is it possible for me to load the 1.3 image onto a CF card and then install/load the current configuration file for my existing m0n0wall onto that CF card?

This way I can simply open up the box, swap out the existing CF card with a new v1.3 preconfigured and then reboot?

It would save me the time of hooking up a keyboard, mouse and monitor to this computer running m0n0 1.3b15 (it's currently in a headless configuration in a switch closet with no monitor, keyboard, or mouse attached to it.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 20:43:56 »
winedog *

soo....can't be done?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 20:38:48 »
bithead9 *

This is what I did.  I just user Hex Workshop to make a complete backup of CF card BEFORE the flashing.  Also get a Monowall backup file.   Flash the CF card and then boot mon up.  Then use the monowall backup to restore the config.   Of course depending on your config there is always a chance to have a problem.  That is why I did a backup of the whold card first.  Wink
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 06:08:13 »
knightmb ****

soo....can't be done?
Technically, I don't see why it can't be done being it was the final beta before the release. But as long as you have the config backup, you can always re-install the old version and restore the backup to get you back to where you started in case something goes bad between installs/restore.

Radius Service for m0n0wall Captive Portal - http://amaranthinetech.com

Pages: [1]