News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DHCP Not Leased on OPT1 Interface  (Read 2441 times)
« on: April 25, 2007, 00:00:12 »
tuks *

I have 3 NIC card on my PC. I used for WAN, 1 for LAN and the 3rd one for issuing DHCP leases trying to access through a Access point. I have an airpoint pro access point. My LAN IP is 10.2.8.11 and OPT1 IP is 10.2.8.55.

The problem i am facing is that when I try to get a DHCP lease  from the Access Point using my third NIC card which is OPT1 the monowall does not see my 3rd nic card. When I enable DHCP server on LAN interface i am able to get a DHCP lease from the access point and am able to connect to the internet.

Looking at the interfaces all 3 NICs interface is up. I can connect to the access point using my 3 rd NIC but no DHCP IP is assigned.

Can anyone help me what I maybe doing wrong.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:32:02 »
cmb *****

I have 3 NIC card on my PC. I used for WAN, 1 for LAN and the 3rd one for issuing DHCP leases trying to access through a Access point. I have an airpoint pro access point. My LAN IP is 10.2.8.11 and OPT1 IP is 10.2.8.55.

Assuming those are both /24 subnets, you can't do this. You can't have the same subnet on two different interfaces (with any router or firewall) unless you bridge the interfaces.

That may not be your only issue, but it's certainly the first you need to address.

Pages: [1]