News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: DHCPD -- PXE Boot Problem  (Read 4483 times)
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:22:50 »
animedreamer *

I am having problems with the PXE boot functionality not working after converting to the Monowall for handling DHCP requests.  The tftp server is working properly and I am able to download files from the server.  However, I receive the following error when trying to perform a PXE boot:

PXE-E53:  No boot filename received

I have defined both the next-server and filename options in dhcpd.conf.  I am able to successfully download the file specified by filename from the server specified by next-server.  Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks.

Vincent
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 16:46:29 »
animedreamer *

Anyone?  I really need to get this working.

Thanks.

Vincent
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 13:50:40 »
brushedmoss ****

I just tested on a vm with 1.31, the other vm that is on the LAN side, during pxe boot tries to download the file as specified by nextserver and boot file in m0n0wall.  I didn't setup the tftp server or rest, as I believe you don't get this far.

Are you sure that the pxe client is getting it's dhcp info from m0n0wall , do you see it in the lease table ?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 14:14:59 »
vgsangiuliano *

Hi,
I'm using m0n0 as dhcp server both for my lan and dmz interfaces.
I have on the lan a tftp server without dhcp server, because m0n0 woks as dhcp.
Maybe I'm wrong but you said you set the filename and next server option in dhcp.conf.....do you mean on m0n0?!?!?
You should set these values in the bottom part of the webgui of m0n0 where you enable dhcp server.
I put there filename and next server and it works great.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 17:35:57 »
animedreamer *

Sorry folks.  I just tried this again and it works fine.  Not sure what I was doing--perhaps one of my computers was messed up.

Vincent

Pages: [1]