News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Implicit Default Block Rule  (Read 4108 times)
« on: April 25, 2007, 22:46:23 »
vinicio *

Hi,

I am a question about the Implicit Default Block Rule, I have installed version 1.22 on a PC with default rules, and today I found that Monowall is blocking access to one site (www.prensalibre.com).  I found that the firewall is blocking access to this site on the WAN side.  I included the line copy from the log.
If                          Source                                   Destination                Proto
 WAN      www.prensalibre.com, port 80      192.168.1.19, port 1167      TCP

I do not understand that, because the communication was originated from the LAN side.

Someone have any idea about what's the problem or how can I do to unblock this site.

Regards,
Vinicio
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 00:43:17 »
cmb *****

I doubt if it's actually blocking the site. Are you having problems getting to it, or did you just see drops in the log so you think you are?

This is what it most likely is:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-legit-traffic-dropped.html
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:55:09 »
vinicio *

Thanks for your answer, yes, I really have problems to access this site; for testing purposes I connected a PC to the front Monowall and confirm that the problem is it.  I need to known what happen with Monowall, I do not understand why it is blocking this site.

Regards,
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:06:52 »
vinicio *

Another point about the article you refer me, I think it in not the case because without Monowall the access to this site work normally, but with Monowall is imposible to access this site.

Regards,
Vinicio
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 20:28:36 »
cmb *****

I'm guessing your WAN must be PPPoE? Sounds like a MTU issue possibly.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 21:15:30 »
vinicio *

I think I do not have this tipe of network because I have a fiber link of 1544Kbps, over the same WAN subnet but without Monowall I can connect to this site without any problem, and as I known I do not have any problem without any other site; and then I do not understand why? we experiment this type of troubles.

Pages: [1]