News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: 802.1Q VLAN Question  (Read 2910 times)
« on: March 18, 2010, 20:30:13 »
kd5ahl *

First time poster here, looking for a little help setting up my VLAN's.

I have at one of my offices a corporate LAN and a DSL Modem that I want to use for guest access.

I would like to set up the monowall as a cpative portal on the LAN interface, and have all the guest user's traffic go out the DSL so I don't have to backhaul the internet traffic back to HQ where the main internet connection is.

the catch is that I want to set up an interface on the monowall that sits on the corporate LAN in that office so I can manage the box remotely over the WAN.

I already have VLAN's set up for the DSL, and Corporate LAN, and guest VLAN for the wireless access point.

The Switches are all Cisco, and so is the Access point. I have the Access point set up with multiple VLAN's for corp and guest use.

I'm familiar with trunk ports and have the monowall WAN interface on one, as well as the Access Point. The monowall LAN port will go directly to the guest VLAN.

the hardware platform only has 2 NIC's.

So..... Does the monowall support VLANs on the WAN interface, or might there be an easier way to set up access to manage the monowall from the corporate LAN?

Thanks ever so much for reading my ramble!

Kelsey
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 20:32:54 by kd5ahl »

Pages: [1]